The University of North Texas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of North Texas.
Note: The Commission should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support the institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard. Normal inquiries about UNT, such as admission requirements, financial aid, and educational programs, should be addressed directly to UNT and not the Commission’s office.
UNT is preparing for reaffirmation in 2016. The process for reaffirmation includes 2 steps – certification of compliance with the Principles of Accreditation and the acceptance of a Quality Enhancement Plan. The process differs from the one used in 2006, when UNT was last reaffirmed by SACSCOC. The changes were made to:
- Develop clear and concise standards that concentrate on best practices in higher education
- Streamline the internal review process
- Enhance the effectiveness and consistency of the external review process
- Increase attention on student learning outcomes and institutional improvement
- Ensure that standards and review processes foster a culture of institutional integrity, are appropriate for the changing higher education environment and benefit the institution and the public
To learn more about the reaffirmation process and the how the campus is involved, please visit reaffirmation.unt.edu.
- For a list of Institutions where 50% or more of UNT course work can be completed, please see UNT Offsite Locations.